View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Inactive Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddukel View Post
Really, really great update, and in progress stuff.

Just a couple of questions:

-About lairs. It is said that they are working, and that Panchjr is working on creatures behaviour around the lair. I completly understand the "lairs are working" sentence.
maybe this is more related to client dev than pure encoding, but how is the progress on creatures lairs types?
We, in the CH prof forum, have compiled in a spreadsheet, lairs type for each tamable creature (we are still working on it). I was wondering if all the info on lair types for every creature has been retrieved, or still need some research.

-About CH. Panchjr is "working" on it and made progress, and I totally agree it's not a priority. (well, my head says that, my heart says it is a priority!)
Could we have a more detailed update on the CH prof?
pet Training
Taming
pet commands (may be same coding that NPC pets and Droids)

I personnally have involved myself in much research on creatures and lairs,
threw the CH prof, and I was wondering how I could give more help...
The code for handling lairs is implemented, apart from despawning once destroyed, which is a problem at the moment. I have set up a modified lua structure for lairs which will be released with the code once despawning is working.

So far I have created 2 lua files, one for debacks and the other for womp rats. Once the code is in SVN then anybody can start adding lairs based on the data from the spreadsheets. I will give more details once the code is commited to SVN and hopefully will get volunteers to create the lua files. However at the moment the number of creatures that are implemented on the test server is limited so although the luas for the lairs can be created they will not be able to be spawned.

After the lairs are stable I want to start looking at creature AI as I feel this needs to be improved before taming is implemented. Also working out how to implement mask scent will be interesting .