Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 08:17 AM

Well what i would like done with scriptable npcs is. 1st off space combat quests need some creativity like docking with stations and ships and some non repedetive oh no there is another fleet coming each 5 minuits ....that is all lol. as for ground npcs. I think pirates should raid every planet in random locations(including in space maybe with imperial space area checks and on the ground) much like the storm trooper landing in the shuttle(Me myself REALLY enjoyed the sand warrior raid on tatooine, Challenging yet really fun). Other than npc raiding us we can add some other unique scrips including npc bounty hunters which search for jedi/sith/rebels on a regular basis. Or even with this idea we could add bountys on anyone cept your own faction and if the price is high enough npc bounty hunters come for you, if keep failing,heat score increased and player bounty hunters could take the mission aswell and so on. One more thing i could think of on the top of my head would be the battlefields. We should implement possibly larger battlefields and actually have them work. But 1st we need to decide what type of gameplay it will be like, including the scriped npcs you get to control and fight (which could be an idea for space aswell where you get control of space npcs). Anyhow much of you dont know how they used to work. 1st you enter the field and when the 1st person enters it has a like 5-10 minuit start time depending on if its a player battlefield(should only start when a player cap is reached like 4vs4 something like that) or purely vs npc. Once your in you start building your army(which i think should include an at at npcs, rebel hover tanks etc etc and rocket troopers to counter vehicals, flame throwers to counter infantry different types of laser towers etc etc Alot of creativity and potential in the battlefield controllable npcs. So once the timer is done both sides are ready for battle and it begins.At this point there should be a base HQ to destroy with alot of armer, Vehical factory and trooper factory maybe a wall builder function to build a parimeter that can be also destroyed. Once all your buildings are destroyed or all human players the battle is won or lost.

Last edited by Paul Atreides; 03-30-2007 at 08:22 AM.