View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatycre View Post
They wanted to help us out, but they also want to keep working on the OR. They thought they could make the time to wipe the server and fix a few problems, however when they actually sat down and looked at what was going to happen if they wiped it, they realized it was going to wind up taking too much time away from their main priority. They just don't think they have the time to fix the TC right now. I understand how much time it's taking them to bang out all this code, and I understand that they want that to be their top priority right now.
I agree with most of your post here, but where I've quoted is where you have it wrong. They stated repeatedly that a wipe of the TC would take away 1-2 days of OR work time. Personally I could live with that if it meant fixing the current problems with the TC. The reason they decided against the wipe wasn't due to taking time away from OR, it was due to disparities in the two polls, they didn't want to create a third poll and the community was very passionate on both sides of the argument. They decided to go with the status-quo here.

If they had come out and said "We don't want to devote time to Nova when we could be working on OR" I think a lot of people on both sides would have understood because I think most of us agree that the OR is a higher priority than our fun on the TC.

Last edited by Worlack; 04-29-2010 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Fixed quote