View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 07:12 AM

*shrugs* I've been sitting on the sidelines during this debate. However, I guess I should at least share my opinion.

I agree with this change in policy.

I would also welcome a hack prevention system if/when it becomes fine tuned to a point where it does not interfere with the activities of normal players in the game.

It is very important for players and testers to realize that a very rough form of speed hacking prevention was implemented very recently. Given time, this system can and will maximize the efficiency of a hack-free atmosphere in swgemu when it is working in conjunction with the zero tolerance policy.

It is equally important for developers, staff members, csr's, and anyone with authority in the realm of SWG to be as transparent as they can possibly be in this kind of situation. Smedley lost the support of the overwhelming majority of the player base in the official Star Wars Galaxies franchise not just because of the implementation of a combat upgrade or some new game enhancements, but because he mislead and even deceived his fan base, discounted their opinions when his actions and the motivations behind those actions became clear, and destroyed the basic principles of marketing that any freshman business student has learned in college. Like it or not, democracy has power. I think the "pebble" and its speculated correlation with this announcement proves that.