View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bobert View Post
Oh... informed, eh? Well, in that case, I was making account for my little brother (he's computer illiterate and had no idea how, lol) And made CalebElLoco. However, I entered an email address that apparently got erased, and couldn't get it activated, so I made him another account, CalebTHEloco (lol). The Second one is now banned?
Email me please. I get a dozen account emails a day I handle, it's much easier to coordinate the discussion there, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcin View Post
Hi, I want to play with my brother in the same time, but we live together and have the same IP. His account is banned
What can we do? How can I contact the administrators?
Yes, email me. Look in my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leodextrin View Post
PM PhantomLeader

Link
Phant is off-campus for the summer and has limited access. For faster response, email me. Link in sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varanis Black View Post
I have the same question as above but we are not in the same house but in adjacent houses.

My son inlaw uses a seperate PC at a seperate residence but our IP addresses come up the same. " He and my daughter actualy live directly next door. hence the same IP"

I have sent an E-mail requesting that he be notified weather he can create an account or not.

The question is, Dose the program use the information from tha actual P.C. "Wich would solve the problem" to identify multiple accounts? Or dose it base it on I.P. address "Wich we have had problems with before"

He has had his account on another game we both play frozen due to the I.P. issue and just want to make sure it is all good!
We don't disclose our system checks. Email me with any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothdroid View Post
I emailed Phantomleader to see if I could open a second account for my girlfriend. No reply after a few days, so I assumed that it would be OK to. I made the account and it was insta-banned.

I emailed to ask why, and if it could be reinstated. Still no reply almost 2 weeks later.

I tried to log 2 toons on at once on the off chance it would work and it did!

1. Why not state at sign-up that this is possible.
2. If you put an email up for second accounts, why no response at all?

I am grateful for the work done on this project, but I agree with the above poster that other options should be explained more clearly.

I bring this up now, as it might be worth revisiting the way 2nd family/household accounts are handled before SC is released.
We do state that multiple toons per account is fine, while multiple accounts are not. Please read all the information in the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
What measures are in place to prevent abuse of the "Family Accounts" exception?
We do not disclose out system checks, and we change them from time to time.

Folks. Don't ask how we do this, and DO NOT use this thread to debate it. If you're registered, you're fine. If you have an account issue, email me at the link in my sig.