Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 11:02 AM

When I first found this site I visited every day for like 2 months always saw alot of flaming so I never posted anything...

Slowly I started coming less and less as updates became rarer weekly updates as someone else stated would be nice but I understand that the dev's probably don't have time for that.

While I visited this site less I was visiting OpenSWG alot no flaming at all there and at that point there were alot of updates 2 or 3 a week sometimes it's slowed down since but they are still hard at work.

Another thing that is driving me away from the emulator scene as a whole is other emulation projects for older games like UO, EQ, and lineage have low player bases due to large distribution of server software and way to many people making small communities...

I hate too say it but I think SWGEMU and other emu dev teams need to keep their software to themselves, when it is done and pick 3 or 4 people with decent servers and internet connections to run it on. Otherwise I don't see any servers being populated to the point that they should be.

I liked the idea someone else stated of putting fliers in supermarkets and such, one should be designed pointing out all the myths that people beleive such as playing on an emulator being illegal and facts to support the stability and completeness (When it's done) of the server.