View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 08:46 AM

well, it obviously depends on where your packets are going it seems like your connections are not synch'ed, which would be preferred for a server.
I'm talking about a 100mbit/100mbit (down/up) connection in the 'city-net' (part of the infra-structure) which is connected to the hub in my University, the Royal Institute of Technology, which is one of the 2 main hubs in Europe, which then would connect to the London hub (the other one) and then to NYC, which would give you roughly 140-160 ping if you were to connect from the States, obviously a 1Gbit synch connection (even if it were to give ppl in the states 140-160 ping, i.e. things would be delayed by .14-.16 seconds) would be very nice if there were thousands of ppl in the same place at the same time, the bottle-necks wouldn't be on this side of the line.

I'd offer my computer and connection here, but I would be unable to help out if anything were to happen/a restart were needed etc, and my mother would probably disapprove if I were to leave it on for a cpl of years while my fiancee and I live in the states
(yes, I moved back in with my mother after I accidently spent waaaay too much money in latin america)

But surely there must be someone out there that has a one or even 2 yr old computer with 8 or so gigs of ram etc and the ability to get a 1Gbit synch'ed (and not shared) internet connection that once upon a time played SWG and would be willing to have a server running at their house?