View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shierd View Post
I hope they get it done no later then august, like it says in there. But Can someone explain the OR in greater detail, I didn't understand it. Will it change the graphics, the interface of the game and stuff? Or what.
The OR isn't going to have any observable effect for people who are playing the game (well, hopefully, although I'm guessing there's a chance that it will introduce some bugs). It's about standardising the code in order to help the developers keep track of it. If they didn't do this then new developers would have to spend a lot longer understanding how everything works.

Basically they're avoiding one of the mistakes the original pre-CU developers made which was allowing the code to become overly complicated. The result was that bugs seemed to take months to fix rather than days / weeks (or more commonly they weren't fixed at all) and the addition of new content was also pretty slow. This of course was a large contributing factor in why they chose to go ahead with the CU and NGE.