Thread: QA is 'Hiring'!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruledo View Post
Would it mean I actually have to verify and post (somewhere beyond my guild) exploits, ehem, I mean bugs?
As a QA member, it is your primary responsibility to find, report and keep track of exploits and bugs. So, yes, definitely.
Quote:
I don't think I could handle being a lowly tester, I mean, does it come with benefits?
The respect, consideration and knowledge that you are assisting and involved in such an exciting project? I suppose I've never considered any benefits. If it is reward you are looking for, it is perhaps unwise to apply.
Quote:
What do YOU consider QA to be?
QA is the leading, driving force behind making the emulator software better for its end users.
Quote:
Will I have to helplessly watch the game get "changed" and "redesigned" from it's original glory?
SWGEmu is dedicated to creating a direct 14.1 replica. Asside from temporary patches for the Test Centre which are not specific clones of 14.1 due to concessions which must be made for testing to ensue, no you will not have to work on anything that is "changed" from the original game, nor will we be producing such features.
Quote:
Are all QA members of <DRAKE> or just most of them?
I don't know who is in DRAKE and who isn't, but it is just a community guild, with no meaning what so ever to the project's operation.
Quote:
Do I have to join <DRAKE> and promise not to DB them anymore?
Most definitely not. As above, DRAKE has nothing to do with SWGEmu aside from being one of many community guilds.
Quote:
Would I have to change my siggy?
While it is customary to include your title and a few helpful links in your signature as a staff member, no, you will not be forced to change your signature.

Hope these answer your questions.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.