View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningdisease View Post
Okay, Timbab, I'll play along.

Taking into account for all of the dramafests and "issues", and accepting that the decisions made up to this point, all combined and played out over the years have come to this moment, this whole argument of a modification of a rule for exploiters:
What does the community think?
What does the community feel is the appropriate course of action?
Is there a way we can appease both the community and the STAFF?

So far:

What does the community think?
50/50 or 40/60 split over "good idea to involve exploiters in testing" vs "exploiters should never be dealt with"

What does the community feel is the appropriate course of action?
This is where we have not had as much input from the community. Enough flaming, +1ing, and counterpointing. What would you have done were you in STAFF's position?

Is there a way we can appease both the community and STAFF?

I certainly think so.
Maybe the community wants Ashur perma-banned, but allow for the exploitation team.
Maybe the community will be okay with whatever STAFF decides.
All I know is, we need more constructive input from you guys if we are going to have this discussion.

If you feel in anyway that you would be persecuted for your opinions, feel free to PM me or ANY OTHER Blue Name here at the SWGEmu Forums, although I certainly hope that sort of atmosphere would not come to our community.

Please work with us in a constructive and mature manner, I'm sure we will all be able to come to a reasonable compromise.

Thanks.
I would feel more comfortable if this exploitation team was started from the ground up, have people submit some type of resume to assure they are knowledgeable about finding exploits and properly exploiting who are also trustworthy until proven otherwise, just like people have to submit to be apart of QA.

I don't like the idea of people who are known offenders of exploiting for the wrong reasons (even if they want to come back to do "good").

A well put together exploitation team that has members dedicated to finding exploits, and not veered off by jedi/irc/forum drama will be more effective I believe; maybe even keep them discrete, so the exploits aren't brought out into the wild.

Basically I'm all for the idea of a well constructed exploitation team, but I don't support bringing back people who have not been trustworthy.