View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Game Master and Event Coordinator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
You do realize that the actual speedhacking isn't the problem with the majority right? The majority feel the staff can't be trusted since first they were banned, then they were made 'staff'.

From all the conflicts we and others had with the staff over the year it basically comes down to this:

A small group of staff acts on their believes, with out acting out of interest for the staff, but rather on what they think is best. This thread clearly showed proof in this instance on how the staff was hugely split on the subject and pushed out non the less.

The credibility just lacks in a lot of cases, when it comes to things such as this. A lot of things were happening in the background away from the public over the years which we clearly attacked on numerous times which caused 'drama'. This is probably the FIRST time that the staff tripped over their own mistake in public and almost killed off their credibility with it.

I don't think you personally should be discussing this, Learning, since it's a lot deeper than a few simple issues or what you've heard from our 'drama' over the years. I personally don't care anymore, but having this thread and basically the SAME issue that we've addressed a couple of times in public now, I just had to speak a few words.

You can counter me all you want, this thread proved a lot to the people and I should be the least of your worries, I'd rather look into the future and look how to prevent stuff like this happening again. But then again, I'm not staff, none of my business right?
This is a completely legitimate concern Timbab, and it is your business, as you are part of the community here. I'm not singling you out.

Instead of looking at this as a debacle, I hope we can look at it as a way to strengthen the bond of trust between STAFF and the community. The STAFF are taking a VERY introspective look at themselves after all of this, and now is the time to let STAFF know exactly what you think about it. We all take your concerns seriously, provided that they are brought up maturely and seriously as well.

Things are changing quickly in this project at this stage, we are snowballing towards something VERY monumental, and we don't want to discard any concerns.

I just want to put forth these ideas here now, and I hope that the community can understand when I say that the things the community brings up in this thread, or privately to any staff member you choose regarding these issues, will be taken VERY seriously.

Thats all I have left to say for this issue. Thanks to all the community members who have input their opinions and concerns in a mature fashion. I hope everyone will come to an understanding.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.