View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 02:50 PM

My useless 2 cents: FBI has over time (and CIA if I remember correctly: just think, big companies or w/e that have been hacked) hired those who sucessfully entered their servers by whatever means to work for them and help them on their security issues. Some time ago same happened here on Portugal with the Police Department or such. Someone named Buzzybee hacked into their servers, and they eventually worked for them. Oh and a 15 or 16 kid entered FBI on something similar, too.
It IS necessary/saves dev team ALOT of work and time. That = faster 1.0 + less bugs/exploits.
Is it fair that they come back with no punishment? No, but it helps the project go faster...
Can they be trusted they won't **** up and spread these and blablabla? Sosko supposedly gave the hack pack out in IRC (possibly a trojan or such) and was in STORM... I heard all of storm was hackers and buddies but won't compare Sosko to other members.
So like yeah, it's a double-edged knife to have them cooperate. I'll leave the decision to the staff on what they think is best, they have already took this project so far, lol.

My 2 cents before I go study chemistry for an exam in 2 days while watching the jedai cave