View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worlack View Post
This is how I see it:

Devs were brainstorming on how to fix some of the server issues. Wipe was tossed around as an idea, but since it isn't a pressing concern on a "dead code" server it was decided that the community would be allowed to decide. "We are impartial to a wipe" "We will not pander to the QQers."

Poll was launched. Community was passionate one way or the other. People called into question the integrity of the poll due to "lack of information" and "possible fraud".

Poll was revised and relaunched. "66% majority needed" well beyond a standard majority. Community was more informed, but still certain questions were raised such as harvesters and banks. Integrity of poll called into question again, this time due to lack of key points "harvesters and banks" and even more prevalent "voter fraud".

In my view, at this point, the staff saw that they had made a mistake, they didn't take every variable into account, like the possible fraud and the few items they (in my opinion, accidentally) omitted. I believe these were honest mistakes (just as cRush stated) they had already reset the poll once so to do so again would be ridiculous.

There are allegations of votes being removed and the only way to do this in vBulletin requires a moderator to my knowledge. Looking at the evidence of the screenshots, that seems to be a possibility, its also possible that it was simply a database error, I have no idea, I'm not versed enough to comment.

Where I feel the whole affair went south is when, after two separate polls had the majority in favor of a wipe the staff decided to just say nevermind. I understand some of the reasons, but all this ended up doing was causing a storm of controversy. I know there would be controversy either way, but the staff continues to put their collective feet in their mouths instead of sticking to their own rules. Some of the other staff went so far as to simply post "Cry" in another thread and locked it.

I again want to reiterate that this staff has profound skill in creating a pre-CU/NGE experience for us, but in my view, they are desperate for a competent and respectful community staff leader/staff members. I pray that when/if Suncrusher and eventually 1.0 is released that many of these staff members don't have a say in how the server is run internally.
Well said