Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 09:09 AM

If you have to ask....

There's something to be said about the current state of affairs if you have to basically command your users to produce meaningful feedback.

I'm with the camp that is overtly excited about playing Pre-CU, but is covertly weary over the developers lack of productive community relations and tact.

Yes programming is hard, yes it's time consuming, but it isn't ****ing Defcon 1 around here; when you people make this project seem like some secret black ops project, it's gets to be kind of discouraging to feel excited about it.

Devs, learn a lesson from other projects, especially ones from the open source community and other free software outlets.

Look at the Haiku OS project web-page, they are a perfect example of how to keep the community informed and interested. I have been involved in that community for over 6 years. I've watched it grow from just an idea into a stable alpha and soon a beta, and it was FUN to watch it grow, and that's my point, that the community COULD watch it grow, because the devs made it totally transparent and made every effort to SHOW us what they were doing and when, even if it was mundane or ubiquitous.

Make a chart, on the left list the major hurdles, on the top put Progress, and then have a bar 10 cells long, and then color in a cell every time the devs feel they've made an accomplishment in that area; EASY!

Get a clue; show us EXACTLY what we should be excited about at any given point along the line. THEN you'll have positive and excited feedback rolling on in, along with excited donors who know your not just jerking them off.