View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKenigma View Post
I don't get it whats the purpose of multiple accounts right now? There is no advantage for the "cheaters" it just bogs things down and skews numbers. The credits right now mean nothing, the loot right now means nothing, at any moment there could be a wipe. I can get myself buffed up in about 3 minutes on one toon with a bartender/gungan. The only tough part is the walk from the hospital to the cantina since the damn imp NPCs keep blowing up my swoop, even though I'm on leave and the nasty cat that likes to hang around outside the Coronet hospital.
I think the issue for some is that the gungan isn't on other planets and he can't instant buff. (If he is and he can, please correct me). It's only in Theed. So if I want to test the Tusken fort, I have to forget all of my skills, learn doctor, buff, unlearn doctor, relearn pistoleer, bounty hunter, commando, smuggler (This takes about 5 to 25 minutes depending on lag), catch the flight to Tatoonie, do a few runs through the fort, fly back, and repeat the process to rebuff.

And if something goes wrong, like a spice downer at a bad time, I'll have to do the process before the 2:45 timer is up. I don't mind, but that's about an hour+ worth of time wasted just getting buffed, heading to your location and testing.

Or even funner, testing the night sister slave camp. And I've yet been able to make it to the Imperial prison (I keep stoping to kill night sisters).

Anyways, I had a question. I've read through all of the posts in this thread (that's dedication right there) and now I'm confused. First you guys say I need to inform you if there will be multiple accounts in the house. Then you say I need to inform you if there will be multiple accounts on one computer. Then it was changed to multiple accounts on one IP (no clarifications if it's LAN ip or internet ip. I assumed it's internet but then..) it went back to multiple accounts on one computer. This dance takes place for a few pages. Which is it?

My girlfriend wants to test along with me. She's going to use a laptop (right now it's disassembled and scattered across my desk). Do I contact someone and explain this or is it fine because she is going to be on a different computer? It'll have a different LAN ip (used to track multiple accounts on one computer) but have the same internet ip (used to track multiple accounts in one house)

Last edited by Sundive; 07-02-2009 at 12:19 PM.