View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaff View Post
Thanks for taking on the responsibility of making the community act more like a normal MMO community. That's not an easy task. But it is necessary if we are going to restore a community like we had Pre-CU. Not to mention the fact that there are people out there like my wife who would have made good testers if they hadn't asked the wrong question on IRC, which was understandably irritating, and solicited a negative response. Unfortunately the flame the noob response converted her from gearing up to be a serious tester who knows how to systematically work on breaking code, to a casual troller for the past six months. You are making the right move for the future of SWGemu.
This is true enough. Here's our opportunity to cultivate better beta testers. Can anyone who is very experienced testing games to the breaking point write a short FAQ or Guide to testing the SWGEmu? Maybe have several people collaborate on it? I am more than willing to try.

Here's my idea for sections to discuss:
What actions and responses to look for, in general;
What mechanics to look at, in general;
How to report;
The most efficient report form structure;
Where to ask questions for specific subjects, etc. (Maybe have a subsection for links to each profession coorespondent's FAQ and testing concerns, irc addresses, chat info)

Then maybe put the finished document in the main faq for easy location by newbies.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>