View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

3) Developers Perspective ("Round Table"):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush
I have been very busy in real life trying to find a job to generate some revenue, and I'm still looking. I have, however, found some time to make some updates. I completed my Medic optimizations and I am moving on to tweaking Incapacitation and Death as well as finishing off Cloning. Once this is complete, I am debating on what to do next, though Combat Medic is probably the next course of action.

I am also starting the PCP project up again. We have a separate assembla project started and will be getting back into the swing of things soon. I will be looking for members who can contribute consistently and show a strong understanding of Object Oriented Design in PHP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey
Over the weekend, I was in South Jersey (hammonton) at a LAN event (theGXL) for the CS:Source tournament. I went with a few friends and we landed HUGE upsets within the tournament. Overall it was a fun event, and more importantly I met a few SWGEmu community members.

Been busy with some threading issues I ran into with the Mission complete sequence. I was able to fix the majority of my packet issues I was having last week, which is nice. The deliver NPC's now look more in place with the commoners, which is small but REALLY nice to just look at. Refresh the 'SWGEmu Mission Terminal' near the center of theed this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritter
Ritter:
After a long absence from the SWGemu team I am currently reinstalling Linux on a spare machine and getting ready to jump back in to development. I am not sure what I will be working on, but there is a good chance I may team up with Kyle and see what I can do to help with crafting. Expect to see me back on the forums and in IRC starting this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_John

After 2 weeks of vacation, i'm back and implemented vehicle condition saving and loading from database. Bobius added the ability to attack vehicles now, so i also a temporary repair-option for vehicles (radial).

Now i want to concentrate looking into the "after work" of the housing stuff: We fixed a problem with strucutre-cells (see through, running through walls) this week, now we are looking into dropping mechanism.

As soon as this has been figured out completely, i start implementing storage, containers, bookcase storage etc etc etc.

This will be another big thing since its needed in conjuction with crafting, housing etc.
It needs to get hand in hand with cell permission, so only structure admins can drop and pickup stuff.

It is a bigger thing and will take its time, but we will get this done like everything else.

In the meantime we still fix bugs, reported by the numerous testers ! TNX.
4) Closing:

A lot of bugs were squashed this week and it's hard to give credit to every single community member that has made these changes possible in the BiWeekly. We try to be as accurate who fixed what in our SVN commits. The trac timeline is an extremely useful tool which I hope you guys are keeping up with: http://trac2.assembla.com/swgemu/timeline .

US Citizens: We have an election. Weather or not you are about politics or the candidates (SWGEmu's political stance = NULL), this week leading up to election day will a bombardment of ideas that will effect the country for the next few years. We hope US citizens here will at least pay attention to what is going on with our government this week, elections aren't often .

Until next time, take care.

-Team SWGEmu