View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeno View Post
Not very welcoming is it, my first thought was a software issue at my end of the line, and although I did check the forums before posting, I can understand the reasons why people want clarification as to why things dont work like they ought to.

Be Excellent to each other...and play nice
No my comment wasn't very excellent. However, read above this comment at previous posts and you will see why it is very annoying for someone to keep whining about not being able to connect when it clearly states above how to check status of the server. Chances are that if there are mass numbers of people complaining and being told where to look, you will find your answers there too.

And also, just as a reminder, but also an answer as to why things "don't work like they ought to", read the name of the server. If you are looking for a 100% bug free game that works exactly they way it "ought to", then you are looking in the wrong place my friend.

The SWGEmu team has and continues to do extraordinary things with limited resources. The current release is by no means the final one nor is it bug free. There is a reason why the server is called test center. If you have beta testing experience then you should not be surprised about server outages, code changes, major bugs, server wipes, ... etc. This is the ebb and flow of the testing stage in a project.

Oh and another reminder, I do not see any charges, fees, or other financial requirements to be a part of the community testing this project. I do not feel that I, nor anyone else, is owed clarification, or anything else for that matter, as to why something may not be up to par. While it may help testers to better understand the status of the project, certainly no one is "owed" anything having paid nothing.

So again, just to clarify my words so that it is not mistaken, I am an outsider looking in and am in no way a part of the SWGEmu project. I am simply a lover of SWG in its previous form and I see great things have come and will continue to come from this project. If anyone decides to join this project in its current phase, which again is testing, and has the expectation of coming in, sitting down, and playing a game that is 100% working with no bugs, working as it ought to as you put it, they are seriously mistaken. If these are your intentions, please either think twice or do not complain when things don't work as you feel they should.

Last edited by Ediwaos; 01-02-2010 at 11:50 AM.