Thread: Update 07/17/07
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow'lin View Post
...pwned!
/soapbox
And he's right, SWG will never die, not for me anyway. Yeah, it's just a game, but there was a community through the game. The friends you made ingame were real people, just like you and me. Sure they might have different views, but they're living breathing human beings. I don't think you're being a realist, I thing you're just being pessamistic. Look at what the original SWG created and look what SWGEmu created, they both created huge united communities of people of all races, ethnicities, religions, etc all to come together as one. I think your missing the point of the SWGEmu team. Yes, they are making a game, and we all know it won't be exactly like the orginal, but they're making a community. As they develop the game, they also develop a medium on which that community thrives. Say what you want about the game, but I beleive that most, if not all of the people who will play emu will play it for the people. Most of the people who play this game do have lives. I know I have one, I know the devs have one, I'm sure you do as well. We all need an escape from that life and we need to emurse ourselves into this seperate community where we can still be ourselves and have fun and for a few hours not worry about the problems of life. Sure it's only a virtual world, but the people are real and that's all that matters.

And as always, amen to the devs for spending their time in making this game and community possible for everyone else.

Regards,
Tow'lin Tow
Well i can certainly say when the emu is released im sure to loose any social life i have, my girlfriend and my job.

Bring on the pickets!!