View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 11:56 PM

Location: Las Vegas, NV or HELLHOLE USA as i call it. Originally from Washington state.
I signed onto Emu in January of 2007. The game was very incomplete but I knew going in that this was going to be the case.

A little over 7 months ago I suddenly had trouble and I could no longer log onto my account. I searched the site, wrote emails and did not get a fix. Still in back of my mind I knew this was temporary and called on my ability for my complex brain to muster up some patience and decorum. Of those 7 months I spent the first 3 trying to log onto TC. The next 4 months I didn't bother, knowing that someday I will indeed be able to enjoy TC again and even the finished product! Sure enough, after doing various real-life and gamer activities elsewhere, the day came when I nervously clicked on my Launchpad Enhanced Icon which up to 6 days ago sat unused, patiently awaiting my cursor's brave double-click.

Eureka! I was able to create a new toon and actually log on. This was merely 6 days ago, and I cannot tell you how elated I am to see so much progress from just 7 short months prior! 'Excellent job, Devs!... really awesome!' I kept saying to myself, and to the imaginary developer I spoke these words of kudos to.

I was so excited to see SO MUCH had been implemented and improved upon that I got my husband to join me. The last time I was on TC there was no combat balance, no NPCs, no Crafting, no Training other than freebee trainers, no Schematics, no mobs to fight other than one bugged Kryatt and an occasional Syck, no bikes, no nothing. All you could basically accomplish was training from a freebee trainer and then travel to and from Mos Eisley to Theed or Bestine. Oh and watch freebee jedi PvPing or fighting that bugged Kryatt. I can honestly say, if I hear another light saber noise again it'll be too soon!

Thru these past 6 days, yes we've (my husband and I) had our dc's our crafting bugs, and some other minor happenstances occur, but I tell you as God as my witness that I am elated to just hear the familiar clicking sounds, or the combat music, or even the whale songs as you enter a tree'd area on Naboo much less being able to experience some crafting, bazaaring, banking, biking, fighting and all the other activities I've done in these glorious 6 days!

I will attempt every single profession available on TC despite the upcoming OR wipe if it helps them grow closer to the goal! I do wish there were a better way of defining what sort of reports you need from me but I'm hoping that will come in time, as my only mission is to help you help me.... and if that includes having some fun in-between then all the better.

Sincerly,

MiniMe
Aka Leelahfwek Flangermungel

PS: For any whiners out there, please stop already. It is due to whining we find more games being ruined rather than improved!

Whiners always want something for nothing, or for little effort. Whiners think they are entitled to an easier way. Whiners think THEIR ideas on how to improve the game's combat or PvP is the only idea that will work. Whiners are unacceptable, incooperative and socially inept at tolerating the reality set before them. Stop whining already and go to another galaxy far far away!

Side note: Yesterday I met a kid on TC. He said he just came from NGE which he loves! As we chatted, he mentioned to me that the older version of the game (pre-CU) would have been too confusing for him as he would have only been 10 years old. (can you say SOE Propaganda at work?)

At this my skin crawled and I shuttered with immediate feelings of mass emotion begin to well up..."I'm talking to the enemy..." I thought to myself. But instead of giving into those emotions, I simply wished him well and briefly went AFK.... to kick my precious doggy. You see, SoE's lame excuse for the NGE was "to make it more simple for a younger demographic". Supposedly this justifies the senseless murdering of countless pets, Bio-Engineers, Creature Handlers and Trillions of dollars worth of wasted components that one day were sitting in a factory waiting to be used in a stimpack and the next day were completely useless without warning! Okay I'll take SoE's "It's for the kiddies" excuse at face value... However I happen to know of several youth playing SWG with me at that time, who had found the pre-cu game mezmerizing because of it's complexity and unique craft system. Of course these younger folk had to actually LEARN the game. The fact that NGE took place was just insulting to the whole of society as SoE basically said we want to appeal to the moronic who are unable to read or learn, screw you who can follow instructions. Had SoE given a flying hoot, they'd have learned that many people taught others in-game and the populace was growing daily and with a strong loyalty, which was partly proven after thousands left due to the NGE.

My points are basic: be patient... accept what you've got... ask questions if you don't understand something. Someone in game is always happy to help explain a certain aspect, and don't assume nobody is hard at work on this game because that makes an ass out of YOU and only YOU.

Now, go away if you don't like something!