View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
And I thought that community reaction was completely ridiculously out of hand. It was a sensationalistic bandwagon that kept rolling because of a complete flood of rumors about the speedhackers in question and a perfect scapegoat for a community that was rather tightly wound, despite being told ad infinitum that this is an Alpha stage Test Center.

And I don't care how many posted in that thread, it was still a minority of the community in comparison to its size, meaning that it's a cycle of bull****.

We done yet? This is a great way to procrastinate you know.
Do I agree, yeah, I do. 'He who remains nameless' was a scapegoat of sorts. I agreed (still agree) with the policy, but I do think the 'community' went to far with the mob mentality. It was stated there were other reasons for his ban besides just the speed script, but I can't say those with "proof" were able to prove it without question, even with that video. I "felt" it might be true, but feelings are just opinion... not worthy of an execution. He'll be back in a couple months, so it's not as bad as some make it out to be.

And yes, several hundred votes does not equal the whole of the community, but it's not without any validation.

I just know that this arguing over lies and trolling needs to stop. It does nothing for the community except divide it further.