Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 02:36 AM

90% of people only post about jedi things when it comes to discussion. Rest talks about armors, buffs, dots etc. Some believe they should stay as they were, some say they should be changed etc.

Since now I always thought it's too early to talk, but I see a dev is asking for suggestions.

To be honest, I want the game as it was. Some things can be changed, but I think it will be done by server hosters (like drop rates).

Server hosters should have power to add/remove any NPC they want, just for events. They should also have control on spawn rates, I personally didn't like the way krayts spawned after a small patch.

Everyone sleeps and wakes up with jedi. People should leave it. I think that's one of the problems prevents other discussions. All forums are full of "Jedi should be XXX" threads and posts. Before Jedi, there are 32 other professions. But, I wouldn't like changing them. I liked RM as it was, I like SW or TKM as they were or any other professions. Some hard core fans should think their prof should be a bit more powerful, but I don't believe so. I used to see many different templated people in PvP, but seeing more TKM never disturbed me.

If we want the game as it was, so what can be changed? Of course the small bugs those we remember. Warcry was one of them and it's fixed in emu already. There were a few more, like some specials didn't work etc. They should be fixed.

About buffs, it's been suggested 2 years ago, but SOE never did it, an idea that I liked. NPC buff bots. For high amount of credits, low quality buffs. It would remove the "nothing to do" thing when there is no doctor around and it would help economy, before it would let people have billions of credits.

We should pass the combat/crafting discussions except bugs. We loved them as they were, so discussions should focus on things like economy, afk grinding etc.