Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
NOTE:
What do you think the SWGEmu staff can do to better deal with new people or a flow of like 100 questions a day?
Well what i have noticed happens is you will come into the forum and answer questions in this or that thread. These posts that you make often hold valuable information that i notice gets asked for time and time again.

I seen a suggestion once that your posts should be added to some kind of FAQ, this might not be a bad idea. If one person asks a question, it is inevitable that someone else will ask the same question a month later and your original answer will have been lost in the sea of posts.. So possibly creating a "Ramsey Quotes" section might be useful, creating some sort of useful central location for important information.

Ok now that i have scanned through all the pages of this thread. The problem is quite obvious, people tend to think that they are the most important person in the universe therefore thier questions must be answered and if it isn't answered withing a very short time then the person they are asking is just a jerk. The thought never dawns on these people that the person they are asking the question of might have answered that same very question a million times over the past 2 years and if they took the time to look around before asking they might find thier question has been answered. People do not seem to take in to account that the SWGEMU Team is a group of private individuals who are trying to recreate the Pre-cu Swg, and that the people demanding these answers are not paying for the work that is being done and really do not deserve an answer, and that any information given is only done so by the SWGEMU Teams own good will. To top it off im willing to bet that alot of these people have never held a customer service job in thier life and would have no clue how it feels to be asked the same stupid question over and over again even though the answer is sitting in front of thier face.

Honestly, you can't really blame any of the SWGEMU Team for having a short fuse. Personally if i were them with the way the community acts in general about this project i would give up, throw the project into the perverbial trash and incinerate it and never look back. As so far it's been a pretty thankless task for them.... The community in general needs a big attitude adjustment and instead of jumping all over the swgemu team every time one of them gets a little short, give them a little understanding and patience and encouragement instead. In otherwords if the community wants the Devs/mods to respond better then the community needs to give them a little more respect.

Ramsey, honestly man, you seem to have the patience of a saint, i have no idea how you manage to keep your cool most of the time.

Last edited by Karrion; 04-03-2007 at 07:07 PM.