View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenbinion View Post
Keep in mind that each individual PC would be tracked by a separate IP address. If you are connecting to the Internet via broadband with a Router for a shared connection. Both you and your brother would be showing up as the same IP and to the Staff would appear as more than one account on the same PC, if you are indeed connecting the two computers to a shared broadband connection via the use of a Router. I would treat it as one PC and talking with Max would be advised.
Thanks for trying to clear things up Steven, however, No that is not the case. The IP address is only the most basic method we employ. Trust me, if you are using different computers - router or no router, static IP or not, broadband or not, you will not show up on the detector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomick View Post
what if you friend makes an account from your computer??? I dont wanna get jumped by the admins cus you see my IP address on two accounts.
It's only if you are playing on the two accounts from the same computer that it will show up, so as long as you aren't playing on each others computers, it should be fine. You have not been flagged yet, so I would say you are in the clear.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Last edited by Max; 10-16-2008 at 04:11 PM.