View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poocho View Post
Is there any way for us to get a general idea/schedule of when we can expect certain things to happen?
Not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poocho View Post
So far Ekaika has been kind enough to repeatedly fill us in and let us know that the European devs can get around to fixing things 'in a few more hours,' but would it be in the realm of possibility for us to have some general times of when to expect that. I.e. "The hours of 11:00 PM - 2:00 AM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST are when deadlocking issues are most likely to be resolved." Or some such.
I'll go out on a limb and try to answer, with how it's been explained to me. Subject to corrections by STAFF.

A crash caused by a bug or circumstance that does not deadlock the server, will result in the info about the crash being reviewed as soon as someone with the necessary permissions and skills can, and a fix applied as soon as someone with the necessary permissions and skill can.

A crash caused by a bug or circumstance that does deadlock the server, will result in the same. But, there are far less people who meet the permissions/skills needed to get to the info on the deadlock cause... and they live in Europe. So their normal "overnight" hours would be somewhere in-between 6pm CST and 4am CST. There's also other real-life considerations for all of the devs/admins.

So in essence... if it doesn't go down with a deadlock, the odds are better that it's going to go back up quicker than if it does deadlock... but irrespective of how quickly the crash info can be retrieved, it also must be analyzed, and fixed... often needing input from more than just one person.