Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani_Leitquenen View Post
My question was edited with a link to the FAQ (which I had stated that I had already read) and a rolleyes icon, plus a two week ban. Now, while I probably deserved the ban, the rest was not needed.
I feel I must respond to this. In my opinion no one should ever get in trouble of any sort, be insulted, or even talked down to for asking a question. If you never asked questions I would expect your ignorance to be astounding. Being given a link is commendable, the roll eyes icon acceptable, but to punish someone for asking a question is to promote ignorance. Questions are the key to learning, if you never ask you never learn, and if you punish those who attempt to learn how can you blame anyone but yourself for being annoyed at the ignorance of others about subjects on which you are well versed?

Once again, I lay no blame, I am angry at no one. I am simply passing on the little wisdom I have when I see that it may be relevant(sp?).

I also wish to say thank you to those who have been helpful to me in answering my questions on IRC in the last couple of days. I appreciate your willingness to enlighten me, as I know my ignorance of this project must be more extensive than only a select few.