View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jedi View Post
AZHAR wrote:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Quote:
Originally Posted by Serc Repsac
Damn YOU must be young! I remember the days of opening up a huge drum and swapping out Disk Platters that held less than those 5.25 floppies and were almost as tall as me.....

hehe I've been around the block awhile. I've just haven't been into the computer scene until a bit late. The Texas Instrument TI99/4a was my first serious machine with QBasic/GWBasic, and a cassette deck to save and load stuff.

I'm 34, so I'm quite young as far as computers goes (after punch cards and ENIAC machines). But I've been around when harddrives were introduced and 10mb weighed about the same as a cinder block.

Staying on topic: Those of you who play the NGE, here's what you need to do:

1. uninstall SWG

2. install SWG again, but do not update it yet.

3. make a copy of the game folder so you'll have

c:\program files\starwarsgalaxies\
c:\program files\swgemu\

4. update the starwarsgalaxies folder normally using SOE's launcher. This will be your SWG NGE game.

5. update the swgemu folder following the instructions here. This will be your SWGEmu game.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

There are still problems with trying to get on the EMU still with these steps................I have done all the above and found that 2 problems exist still.
1. the slim launcher is setup to look into the starwarsgalaxies folder so if you create a folder named SWGEMU for instance the launcher will not look in that folder only the starwarsgalaxies and run an endless cycle opening infinite windows looking to update. Which brings me full circle to the second problem and the First problem we ended up with when trying to get onto the EMU the first time before the slimlauncher.

2.I did it the old way with the code and found myself needing the missing ms32dll file once again.

SOE is like the emporer Papatine do not underestimate them, but however they can be beaten and I want the DB :P

You are correct. I had forgotten about this. The remedy is simple, however.

1. make sure all SWG is removed from your computer.

2. install the SWG cd, however, change the path to c:\program files\ngeswg

this way, the SOE Station Launcher will default to this path. But do NOT update the game yet!!

3. Copy the ngeswg folder to make a new c:\program files\starwarsgalaxies folder.. this will be your EMU game.

4. THEN you may proceed to update them both. The NGESWG folder would be updated via the Station launcher, while the STARWARSGALAXIES folder would be updated via SWGEmu Installer.