View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 02:24 AM

I wont presume to know any details but going off of what I see in this thread considering the communities current state of questionable favoritism.

After reading the following ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Quote:
3.13 All forms of hacking, exploiting, and anything designed to break, bend or in anyway alter or skew SWGEmu gameplay experience in favor of one player or against another player is encouraged within strict guidelines.
3.13.1 All successful exploitations are to be reported to the "Exploitation Team", and not posted in public.
3.13.2 Exploitations will never be used to purposely gain advantage over another player or inflict a negative experience on another player. The only accepted instances of exploiting are those that are reported, and for the purpose of enhancing and securing future gameplay.
3.13.3 Failure to adhere to this policy will result in the following consequences. There will be one warning directing the guilty part to the exploitation team. After this one warning ALL subsequent transgressions will result in an immediate permanent ban with the ability to be appealed after three months and immediate deletion of all known characters, items, disbanding of guilds if guild leader, and removal of all items on the marketplace.
Then watching / reading the following ...
(omitted the video for esthetics, http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthr...=33698&page=24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondo View Post
You can hear one of them order the "disease bug" to be used early in the video (:36). Then at the end, they request the "disease bug" again on Mel. "Uh Oh, we have a problem. We're gonna need that disease bug now", guy says (3:30). "Its coming...its coming... if it loads" other guy says. You can see them apply the disease to Mel, then the video fades to black. Scene opens with Mel corpsed.
I believe the following statements need to be reconsidered / clarified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GestorterEngel View Post
The bug was reported by the person who found it, and he is the only one who knows how to make this said bug, and he isn't making it for anyone or passing it out.
If this were completely true then other people talking about it so blatantly would be unlikely. However, it is safe to assume that at the very least the bug was discussed with other players. How much detail ...

There's a big difference in using a bugged disease, than using a third party program for speed hacking and purposely abusing it.
Umm, not at the end of the day. There maybe a big difference between them in method but usage of either to advance in any way other than gathering information for a report is exploiting.
I understand in a later post it was said that the bug really wasn't used in this video. In either case the way it was mentioned in the video means that it was very likely considered being used as a tool to accomplish a task as a group before heading out on that task.

The person who was calling out the bug in Vent that day had no right to try and get anyone to use this, and was straight up called out and *****ed at for doing so.
This statement along with the video really makes it sound as though some of the specifics regarding this bug had been shared with others.
My assumptions could be wrong given all possible scenarios but with the information at hand all logic points otherwise.