View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
If people leave, that is their loss. Recruiting people that can hack our systems is logical and necessary. And yes, this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to try and exploit / hack / crack / dupe / etc. If you can do any of these things, we have a place for you on the Exploitation Team. If you don't report it to the team, we will ban you forever, and delete your characters. Simple, easy, and for the good of the final product. This is a TC, and we need to find the exploits, can any of you complaining make a list of exploits? If the answer is yes, come join the team, if the answer is no, then realize that it's just a TC, and we want the final product to be as exploit proof as possible, and for that we need to hire the best exploiters. Ponder the logic before complaining further.
I think an anti-exploit team is a great idea, for the future

but I think you have lost the logic behind letting known cheaters back into the game well after the fact that they exploited with intent to defraud the system

It would be one thing if they where reporting it at the time, but thats not case hence multiple bans and a change in policy in the 1st place..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oru View Post
I think there has been some miss-communication. We are definitely listening to the community and that is why we were very serious about the zero-tolerancy towards the exploiters. After we made the decision, we have realized that this will hinder the project while we are in development. That being said we lighten the policy up so we give a second chance for them so they can help fill in these holes. However this does not mean they can cheat, grief or exploit anymore! These things will go privately and not on the public test center. In case they are caught again, we say goodbye to them for good.

I hope this will help understand why we have come to this decision. Besides our will to step up against hackers, this will benefit everyone in the long run.
thats great for future hackers who report exploits, but going back and letting ones who defrauded the system at the time with no intent of reporting back into the game it is unwarranted

there is only one kind of cheater, yet there are many kinds of testers who report things

please stop putting the two in the same boat otherwise all it does is appear that the good ole boy system is well in affect and some are above the rules

I have one word for all of this,

integrity

yet all i am seeing is a bunch of Smedley'isms