View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
That will not be a factor. You're assuming you know what checks are in place, and when those checks take place.

Please, refrain from using this thread to 'guess' our system security measures. Rest assured, if anyone has a problem, we are ready willing and able to resolve it.
There's a wee bit of difference between trying to 'guess' how your security system works and people that want to know if they're going to have a problem or not.

Not everyone with a question about the system is trying to figure out how to circumvent it. Frankly, I don't see the POINT of circumventing it so I can't bloody well figure out why you would want to.

As long as people know there is a possibility that they will get automatically banned, and aren't being told why, they're going to ask. Over and over and over because they don't WANT to get banned and then have to fuss with it. They want to NOT get banned.

Frankly, if I got banned from the Emu, automated or not, I probably wouldn't contact anyone, I'd just write it off and never come back.

Simply put, as long as you're blizzard-like in crypticness, people, good natured and bad, are going to be constantly deluging you with questions about 'will this get me banned, will that get me banned'. Some because for whatever stupid reason they're trying to get around it, others because they simply don't want to get banned.

Not knowing the process, having your fate put at the whim of someone you don't know... even if they're apparently trustworthy, it's both nerve racking and scary. Especially for a newcomer.

Finally, hurling accusations, ill will, and condescension at someone trying to point out a potential flaw in your system that could cause people to be driven off is about the best way I can think of to discourage helpfulness in future.