Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 03:34 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Thank you guys.

The general concern that has been brought up is people "are too scared" to post in fear of being flammed/banned. I would like invite that particular group of people to speak up about their opinions and NOW share ideas and get involved in discussion. We, as a project, are trying to utilize our huge community to create a more friendly environment and bring precu back faster.

As for getting more things on core3,
Smusatto suggested having "themed" stress test events which I think is a GREAT idea to promote participation in tests, as well as demo technology.
An example he provided was, and I'll copy this verbatim from the chat
Quote:
(12:07:32 AM) Smusatto: defending bestine from a massive tusken invasion
(12:08:01 AM) Smusatto: rebels holding down the rebel outpost on rori from a massive imperial invasion or imperials holding down the imperial outpost on talus from a massive rebel invasion, etc, etc
(12:08:11 AM) Smusatto: and the NPCs could be scripted to invade in waves
(12:08:15 AM) Smusatto: progressively harder
(12:10:02 AM) Smusatto: I figure it'd be fairly basic AI... spawn the NPCs outside of the outpost, have them run towards a waypoint inside the outpost and simply have them agro any players in a certain radius
(12:10:27 AM) Smusatto: and once one wave is cleared, the next one would spawn
(12:11:37 AM) Smusatto: now the really cool part would be to allow a CSR(or admin or whatever you want to call it) to customize these events in a fairly intuitive way
(12:12:57 AM) Smusatto: such as selecting each kind of spawn, the amount of them, the time between respawns, the amount of waves, etc