View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Game Master and Event Coordinator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
Not like the 'countless issues' didn't effect the staff. We're at this point now for things that started AGES ago. Thing certain members, including me, spoke against which are almost identical to what the majority of the community sees now. It's funny, while the same **** has been going on for ages, we, the few who stood up against it were portrayed as the little kids who are just raging, when in reality it was just the truth as it is clearly shown today.

Look what happened, 2 highly important Dev's aren't staff anymore over this bull****, one who made an awful lot of progress on the Emu as a whole, 'which wasn't enough' for some higher ups.

But whatever, I'm not going deeper into it, at least now where this has hit rock bottom in the wide public eye, actually work on the issues that started at least one year ago, not cover it up like the other times.

It's not the little 'silly' raging group anymore, it's your actual community you're dealing with now. This is far from blowing this out of proportion.
Okay, Timbab, I'll play along.

Taking into account for all of the dramafests and "issues", and accepting that the decisions made up to this point, all combined and played out over the years have come to this moment, this whole argument of a modification of a rule for exploiters:
What does the community think?
What does the community feel is the appropriate course of action?
Is there a way we can appease both the community and the STAFF?

So far:

What does the community think?
50/50 or 40/60 split over "good idea to involve exploiters in testing" vs "exploiters should never be dealt with"

What does the community feel is the appropriate course of action?
This is where we have not had as much input from the community. Enough flaming, +1ing, and counterpointing. What would you have done were you in STAFF's position?

Is there a way we can appease both the community and STAFF?

I certainly think so.
Maybe the community wants Ashur perma-banned, but allow for the exploitation team.
Maybe the community will be okay with whatever STAFF decides.
All I know is, we need more constructive input from you guys if we are going to have this discussion.

If you feel in anyway that you would be persecuted for your opinions, feel free to PM me or ANY OTHER Blue Name here at the SWGEmu Forums, although I certainly hope that sort of atmosphere would not come to our community.

Please work with us in a constructive and mature manner, I'm sure we will all be able to come to a reasonable compromise.

Thanks.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.