View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
Okay then lets get this sorted then:

1. Fine (By that mean no need to)
2. Impossible Anyway
3. That can not break the EULA (Note: By Resolution I'm guessing screen size)
4. Does not need client modification at all, so that should not be on the list (I do not want to "name drop")
5. Impossible Anyway
6. Adding new textures should be fine if you redirect the shaders i suppose.

So why are
3. 4. and 6. on the list.
(I would not mind having an exact number/Paragraph to the SOE EULA)
Uli,

This is the SWGEmu general definition worded in laymens terms of how our team will handle client modifications and what they wish to responsible for. We might in the future choose to review modifications and developments on a case by case basis to determine if they are allowed on the nextwork at some future time. At this point in time, we have taken a conservative stance and made these decisions to protect this community and game.

This seems to be turning into some sort of discussion about what we can or can't do, what is possible or impossible, should we or shouldn't we. I am not understanding your point in this conversation.

Again, this was a general statement written so most of our community can relate without speaking code-ese, digging through legal issues and whatnot. This statement was not meant to be a technical discussion of why or why not this policy fits the EULA. While I respect your considerable skill and the points you are bringing up, I think you are starting to create confusion again about what is allowed and what is not.

Please clarify what you are wanting out of this discussion.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>