View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Test Center Director
ManagerAdministrator

Anyone who thinks we don't pay attention to the community is sadly mistaken. We are very grateful for any constructive feedback that is given. Sure the "Awesome job guys!" posts are also nice but we DO value criticism when it is done in a constructive manner. However, if someone comes off in a fit of rage throwing around insults or a negative attitude..., well we pretty much don't take that seriously at all. Most of us have a limited time every day to work on this project and reading a bunch of "get this done! or you guys are terrible" posts without any real solutions is a waste of that time.
If you want to see something changed around here, do something to see it changed. Make a real effort to contribute to the community. Be a model member, help others, invest some of YOUR free time (much like we do) and make a real difference around here. I would be happy to sit down and talk to anyone who thinks they have some ideas conducive to community improvement.

Updates.... We've been trying to roll out updates about once a month or when we have enough content to talk about. As matter of fact, there is one in the works right now which I would rather be working on than writing in this thread. So I will say again, when we have enough to talk about we will have updates. If we had a weekly update people will still complain because they have nothing in them. It has happened before, just look back over this thread and you will see it. We are damned if we do, damned if we don't. You can please none of the people all of the time or some of the people some of the time.

Development... Yes we all would love to have things further along then they are but they aren't. That doesn't mean the work isn't being done. The developers are busting their back-ends. Anyone who checks Assembla will tell you as much. Want it to get done faster? We need more developers who want to code. We need people that want to get the job done but very few will rise to the challenge. Out of the 10 people I personally saw come into #opendev this week asking how to become a dev, only one person actually did anything. This has been going since the launch of this project. People say they want to become a dev but at the end of the day they don't write one line of code. Bottom line: People want the title but they don't want to do the work.

So the next time you may think we suck, we don't care, we don't listen, this is never going to get done etc... How about coming up with an idea or two to help us out and contribute to this project instead of just coming here and running us into the ground. To be blunt, criticism without a solution is just a bunch of hot air.

Odwill
SWGEmu Test Center Director

Odwill@swgemu.com
| EmuIrc | Helpful Links
SWGEmu -e- Support Support@swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.