View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 11:58 AM

Great post Odwill! This reminds me of before SWG was officialy launched and there were similar rage posts about how people wanted out of beta and everything fixed NOW.

Now, years later it's probably the same people complaining about it, but what they fail to realize is SOE had an army of paid developers working on it round the clock, compared to the handful that are working on the emu for free and in their spare time. Back then, people were complaining for release on a game that they had to pay for as well.

In my opinion I consider the work that the emu devs are doing as a favor to the people that loved this game, and once there is a fully functional Suncrusher, I will have no problem donating every month. That being said I believe the saying "no news is good news" does not apply here. Since this IS being done in the devs spare time from what I understand, not getting any news could be a sign of boredom or giving up. I'm not saying that's the case at all, but I think everyone here could admit it's possible. It would be nice to see more updates on the main page, but I know you guys are working as hard as possible.

I just signed up here and started playing the emu recently, but I've been following it for quite a while. I absolutely look forward to Suncrusher, and I do appreciate the hard work.
Being unemployed at the moment, it makes me wish I knew coding since I have a lot of time on my hands, but if there's any way I could volunteer, I'm here to answer the call.

Keep up the good work guys!