View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scousevix View Post
Hi, I have been trying all afternoon to get hold of somebody to help with an account problem. My boyfriend, who sits next to me and has his own pc and his own swg disks, has been banned instantly, as we share an internet connection. He has not even played the game yet or tried to log in. We thought it would be ok to register on forums, but he has been banned for 'no reason', and the ban will be lifted 'never'. The ban applies to forums and test centre. Please help, as we have done nothing wrong here. We are veteran swg players and would like to see the pre-CU version again.

Thanks for any help and advice.

PS I have emailed twice today, but not heard anything yet.
Multiple accounts aren't permuted, system detects different accounts with same IP and assumes that someone is trying to create a multiple accounts. Its not a perfect system but its necessary.

Since you are sharing the IP address system instantly banned the second account created, even though you aren't braking any rules. Just send an email to community@swgemu.com and explain your situation. One of the moderators will fix it asap.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...