View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 05:44 AM

Why are you calling his questions silly and stupid? They are perfectly valid questions and I agree that you are just being rude.

The situation is this single account policy is creating a huge amount of work to enforce, when in the end there's really nothing to stop someone from lying their way around the policy. This is a valid problem that needs to be addressed and dismissing it as stupid doesn't make the issue go away.

I'm not here to tell you your policies are wrong, just that when you ask people to come and test things and then ignore them when they point out flaws you are missing out on a chance to make a real improvement.

My opinion is that the account policy is a good thing, even with its flaws. Sure, some guy could lie and say his little brother wants to play and then he's running around dual boxing, but if he gets caught with two toons in game that are obviously not controlled by two people he can be punished. Also with a totally hands off policy what would stop someone from having ten accounts, or twenty? That extra layer of approval is making a lot of work for the admins, but it makes it harder for people to do completely unreasonable things like running around with ten rifleman that all shoot together.

Edit: PS, one more thing I'd like to say here, I totally agree with the other sentiments in this thread about sharing some of the policing responsibility with the players. The admins have a whole lot to look at and it might be possible to slip under the radar, but imagine if you had to hide from the whole server population! Not going to happen!

Last edited by Xaat; 04-12-2009 at 05:58 AM. Reason: additional thoughts