View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 01:22 AM

Multiple Accounts

MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS ARE NOT PERMITTED. - Ok, I get it. Now.

When I first joined I didn't know how it worked, and I thought I had to make an account for each character I wanted to try (I had 7 live accounts on Retail Bria). When I found I could a)respec instantly b)multibox on the same account, which it says in here is ok then I stopped logging in using all the other accounts. I only use one to log in now and never the others. I asked the devs in game if they wanted to delete my old accounts and was told they didnt do that. So I don't use them.

I don't understand why this thread became so much of a train wreck, though. It's a test server, if people are hacking and exploiting, ban them, whatever. If they are simply pointing out something thats not working or which people don't understand, crikey they're trying to Help You! Listen to them!

My 2c is I have four simple points - not criticisms, just things I don't understand.
1) I keep reading multis will get banned, but I cannot see what to do if I already made two accounts and I want one deleted. I'm scared to log in on my main in case all my work gets banned now.
2) This thread says that having multi accounts gives unfair advantage, but people are legally logging 3 or 4 characters on at once and buffing themselves, sampling, getting the free 200k credits more than once, etc so I don't see why someone else with 2 accounts with one char logged on each has an "advantage" over my 4 toons on one account all sampling overnight... doesn't compute.
3) Unfair Advantage? On a test server? Well, we're testing, and its not like people couldn't do it on retail and we're all gonna get wiped over and over so why would anyone care?
4 The obvious anti-multi thing is, if I tried to hack or cussed out a GM ingame and got banned, then used another account to carry on.. bad! So just ban peoples IP if they really annoy you and it don't matter how many accounts they used to have. QED.

But, people, don't argue with the developers on this issue, just be constructive, and listen to them and don't make a second account if you already have one. Hopefully one day I will see how to delete my old accounts but I am not using them, I only use one account in game now, and thats all I need anyway so theres no issues.

Take Care, we're all friends here, rememeber?