View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 06:37 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinney View Post
I'm not really sure whats to get excited about.

1 heavily populated server with massive lag for any non US players and 10's of sparesely populated servers, that will die off rather quickly.

Monopolies are never a good idea for the consumer (end-user/us) they are always great for the people running them.
SWGEMU now have a very captive audience and will draw any new players instantly. They have effectively killed off any of the other servers, some of which are better able to host a server.
Most of you wont care because you've been blowing sunshine up SWGEMU's arse for so long, but a lot of people have put a great deal of effort into preparing a dedicated server and that work has been nulified by this announcement.

The future doesnt seem so bright.
By viewing the numerous debates addressing this issue over at the Euro Chimaera forums, you may be able to gain a greater perspective of how we are making it fair for all servers and how Sun Crusher will never hold a monopoly of players. I'm not willing to repeat myself here with what I have said there - I've spent enough time on it as it is. However if you read our responses there closely you will see that we have no intention of allowing what you have said ever occur.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.