View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 10:00 AM

The important thing is that you're moving in the right direction, even if that's just learning something you didn't already know. You may have bit off more than you could chew this time, but it's our failures that teach us more than our successes. Without them, victory never tastes as sweet.

I was just excited about hearing NPCs in the game. I missed out on the event, so I don't exactly know what all else was there. As for suggestions, I would say to make sure grouping is in no matter what. That, for whatever reason, is one of the things that made SWG so much fun (or really any MMO for that matter). Second, keep the events saved until special non-stress tests that can be more about fun than real tests. Events take a lot of work to get right, and you'd do better to save that kind of effort for the times when you're not as focused on getting the game right (or even just some features of it). For instance, have an event like you'd planned in a few months (guessing here) when you have combat 99%+ finished, grouping complete, factional TEFs in place and working, and missions complete. This gives the community a load to do while still having something for the developers to test- stability and interconnectivity of various features. It also is something more like real-game testing instead of feature or stress testing. This is also good for a heads up on what to expect later.

In the end, all I can say is keep it up. I'm constantly impressed with what this team is able to do. That's not meant to say that I had low expectations. When I heard Pre-CU SWG, I didn't expect anything less. But you're actually doing it, and you're not really taking your time, either. Nearly every week is another reason, posted on these boards, to keep up the hope as we're that much closer to seeing this become the reality we've all longed for it to be. I plan on running my own server of this when you release it (understanding the difference between released and finished), but I'll still donate enough for you to run your own server for at least a month. The payoff will certainly be worth that and more. I'm just not Daddy Warbucks.