Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Former Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderbean View Post
azhar thats stupid, there should be no reason u cant ask a simple question! The hole point to this thread was to ask people to ask questions. Why would u ban them for asking a simple yes or no question. Your just proving mine and everyone elses point. Most of us left SOE for this kind of sensorship. Its a chat room you should be able to chat. I can understand why u wouldnt want chatting in the test room since its mainly for developement, but the general chat room in my opinion is for that very reason. If its such a but hurt topic why not add the online/offline indicator to the main room, but hey what do I know right. Why make things hard when they dont have to be?
Typing /join #test is hard for you?

Hate to break it to you, but it's not to everyone else. You can only put so many characters in the topic of a channel. The test channel is there for a reason. Why not use it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhar View Post
But anyways, I disagree on this idea. Advertising is great, but lets not take pot shots at SOE. One of the many reasons SWGEmu is legal is because SOE doesn't run the game anymore (pre-CU) and thus we're not stealing their customer base. Lets not appear that we're trying to do that regardless.
I think this poll shows people like revan are few and far between and the vast majority just wants to play pre CU again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhar View Post
There IS an online/offline indicator.

You could argue that YOU want to be in, say, #swgcommunity channel and then complain theres no online/offline indicator THERE.

Nobody has to follow YOU around. You want to play the game, then YOU have to click your own buttons. The world doesn't revolve around you.

There are legit complaints here, and there are irrational complaints. Lets not carry complaints too far.
I couldn't agree more. I suspect some of the people who're being irrational know they are. They just want to see what they can get away with. They're getting upset when they find out they can't get away with it. I've seen plenty of people say they got banned for "no reason" when they know they did something to get banned. I ask everyone, so that we may focus on the legit complaints better, please chill with the irrational ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoco View Post
Suggestion 1: More suggestion specific forums. Having 1 suggestion forum for EVERYTHING is absurd at this point. Everyone has suggestions,ideas, hopes etc. but it just falls into the swamp with so many other posts/flames.
Until release, have a Combat Suggestions forum. A Crafting Suggestions forum. Stress Test suggestion forum. A Jedi Suggestion forum. Of course, I've heard it mentioned the reason why this isn't so is because of moderation, which brings me to my second suggestion

Suggestion 2: Stop the moderation and have a more pronounced "Report Post" button for threads so that one moderator could go through and bam bam lock/delete/ban if they need to. Trust me, the community is going to grow so large you guys won't be able to moderate it anyhow, so you had better lay the foundation for a self-policed and organized community now.
I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately, a lot of people mistake the report button for the quote button. Most of the reports I read are people thinking they're responding to a post, but they clicked report by mistake and sent us their reply. If we only relied on that, it would be pretty tedious to sift through all of them for the real reports. Not worth the trouble imo.

Quote:
Suggestion 3: Sticky and gather the constructive posts. You can't stop flame wars, but you can still gleam the concepts and ideas from them and put them into an orderly list.
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2365

Quote:
Suggestion 4: The reliance on the clunky and ancient IRC for this massive project will soon reach the point of laughable. The only client you should expect this many people to have is a web browser and their swg game discs, beyond that you will end up pulling your hair out (if you haven't already)
You could be right. At this point in time, the devs feel it's best that people who're testing be on IRC in the #test channel. This helps them to communicate better with the testers. I know it sucks to have to go through the trouble, but it's really not that much trouble. IRC isn't that complicated. We have a forum and a good guide to help people with it. Pretty much, don't knock it before you try it.

Last edited by Smusatto; 04-03-2007 at 02:13 PM.