View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asytra View Post
I'm new here and perhaps this has been suggested before but would there be anyway of assuring a slot for donaters? I think it's entirely reasonable for people who donate to get some sort of preference on getting in to the server to play. Perhaps the slot would be held for a person for 30 days for donations of $10 and up, or perhaps break it down so that a certain $ amount = 1 month of ensured slot time so $120 would be 1year of ensured access. This could encourage donations that could eventually fund a faster connection as well as being totally fair to everyone.

I've been extremely impressed so far and I've watched this emu's development from a distance for a couple years now. I certainly wouldn't mind donating monthly though I would want to be able to get in to play, as it stands I work a normal day job so peak hours and weekends are my play time.
Nope.

That would be pay-to-play and grounds for lawsuit form SOE, that would be the end of this project. Never gonna happen.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...