View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Banned

First and foremost,

Thank you to the SWGEmu team for their continued effort and steadfast dedication to this project. I've been lurking in the shadows since the beginning, having been asked to join the community through messages in the live game while the site was still being juggled around and moved and things were not set up quite yet. Through out the years, we've seen people come and go, some have patience, some do not, but in all that time, the Developers have been tolerant and have kept their heads down trying to get this emulator going. Respect folks, is what it boils down to at this point, respect that these people have been taking time out of their lives to make this happen, time that they cannot get back. Respect that they have been extremely tolerant of all the crying, arguing, heckling and drama they've had to contend with while trying to make this game crawl up from the ashes and reclaim it's place in our hearts.

We all have our moments when our impatience gets the best of us and I'm sure the Developers do understand that, but it's up to each and every single person here to keep themselves in check, use some self discipline. Personally, I would have loved to help out, but at the time I was not overly confident in my programming skills and had never worked on something quite like this before. Believe it or not, there's a good bit of very advanced work that's been done to this emulator to make this possible, and while some of us dabble in code, the code for this game is not by any means for the light hearted. Maybe its time we all renew our commitment to SWGEmu and take up a hammer and nails and start helping them build this game, I've been hiding from it for so long now that I feel a little guilty for not helping sooner. Maybe you do to?

I'm personally willing to help in any way I can, I'd prefer to be teamed up with a Developer and to work with someone, it would allow me to better learn and understand what's being done and how it all fits together, but that's just me. Until that opportunity presents itself however, I'll make a solid commitment to be on the Test Center more often and to truly try and do my part in testing what needs to be tested when things roll out.

Be patient folks, be proud of what they've accomplished and try to remember, these aren't professional developers that are getting paid hourly to do this, these are your fellow gamers and friends who are doing this not just for themselves, but for you. Its a privilege to be a part of this, not a right to be a part of it.