Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 01:46 PM

I personally post next to nothing for a simple reason, half the time people just start spouting insults, and I've seen Ultyma ban people for the most rediculous things. I have no desire to interact with a mod who'll not answer a question and would just as soon ban you for asking, therefore I read, I keep up with the new information and I keep my mouth shut. I am prepared to be banned for saying this, but someone needed to comment on it. No one wants to ask a question and have someone who obviously has more power than his attitude warrants ban them for seemingly no reason at all.

I'm not saying Ultyma isn't great at whatever he does, just that maybe a bit of tolerance is in order if you want the community to expand. People don't like being flamed, don't like being insulted because they're ignorant or not up to date on facts, and it's even less engouraging when you see new members get banned and Senior members act like it was completely acceptable... case in point...
Capt Jones says "Messaging you? Can't recall.. I came in one night after my bro left, to check what's going on in IRC and you said something about "now ur getting banned" or something and some bigger nerd said 'lol'.
Also, whats wrong with talking **** in the forums? It's not very alive as you can see."
And Ultyma replies "I wasn't even talking to you idiot.
I'm replying to Eaglez. This is his thread and you decided to troll on it.
More reason why you are banned from our servers.
And now I'm taking away your posting privileges. Good Day."

I personally don't think it's right, and chose not to post for the most part after two or three of these were the first couple posts I found. I have every intention of keeping up with what's going on, every intention of playing the SWGemu as it progresses, and even more so when it's done, but I will not continue to hold my tongue, when I see people get banned for nothing, and I fully expect to get banned for speaking my mind.