View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wen Talross View Post
This stuff will continue to happen as long as a huge influx of people want to play, with a limited pipeline for people to go through. Testing is the objective, not necessarily to game, hence just relax and take it easy.

Meh.... As a donater, I don't donate to get VIP access, its not needed on a test server. Even on Suncrusher I don't think it would be needed at all. Making donaters above everyone else in my opinion isn't beneficial because a disparity is henceforth created. I make the donation to the cause that SWGemu is on, not for the actual game itself. I waited all day today to test and have had a chance to craft around a bit in the evening, doesn't bother me a bit if I wasn't able to before. What I can take to the bank that if it meant some other good ol' chap was able to go and have alot of fun testing his blaster and found out it had some glitch and reported it, then it was well worth the waiting
On Suncrusher, it probably won't be needed. On the TC though, we need as many donations as possible. Donators won't be above everyone else, they will only get access to the server and that is not irrational because they are the reason the server is running at all! It's not as if the community is seperated into who has money gets the priority. They're not bribing the devs for ingame items, they're trying to help test the game and to be honest...I think those who donate are more dedicated to the overall finding bugs, reporting than those who don't.