Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 12:42 AM

What do you think the SWGEmu staff can do to better deal with new people or a flow of like 100 questions a day?

New player questions are going to come. There is no really good way to deal with new players posting questions, but a week long ban for people that flame a new player asking a question would be a great start.

So maybe having bi-monthly Q/A Sessions? sounds like a good idea.

I'm not even sure a Q/A session would even be necessary. It would be nice, but it takes up a lot of staff time. A post a week or bi-weekly explaining what is being worked on, what we can look forward to in updates, maybe what you may need help with would be more realistic. I know Teweedo is working his tail off on animations. If you want to enlist the help of someone, maybe toss them a PM.

I know. That is the reality the staff lives with everyday. Dealing with people that dont search around before posting. However there is nothing we can do, and I guess the best course of action would be to just help people out. No point in fighting human stupidity.

(See #1) New player questions are going to come. There is no really good way to deal with new players posting questions, but a week long ban for people that flame a new player asking a question would be a great start.

Indirectly, yes. Getting on IRC premotes community by simply forging bonds between community members. Its a live forum. If a group of people are talking in #swgemu, they learn more about each other. Then the next time a particular person replys to a thread on the forum, another person will go "Hey I talked to him/her on IRC the other day, I know how he/she is!".

I agree, but like someone mentioned before, the waving of the ban stick, and the general unfriendliness of some members causes hesitation in getting involved in a discussion.

There are several very mature members of this community that are willing to help if you just ask. It has to be very difficult with the few guys that you have working on this, and moderation of the boards being done by only a few people.

I also want to reiterate that I believe every member of this community appreciates all the hard work that you guys are doing on this project. You fellas have selflessly dedicated yourselves to a monstrous project out of love for a game and community.