View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceman7381 View Post
If you don't have a join date of 2006 or 2007, you don't know what most of us are talking about.

I invite anyone about to flame me to go back to my posts and look at some of them.
I have offered and have aided TONS of noobs on this forum and in game even when they were being flamed all over the place for saying dumb stuff and asking 'age old questions'.

Now, if you are from the above mentioned era and know of the old boards where if had even ASKED about jedi on there, you'd get the ban stick thumped on your head then you know what Trop, Timbab, myself and others are syaing here.

There is a history. That's all that needs to be said. If you don't know about the removal/restructuring of class representatives were and how that went down, then you don't know what we're talking about.

If you don't know who Megatron is, then you don't know what we are talking about.
You know, I have been following the emu for a very long time. My post count may not reflect it, but I have been following it ever since I first saw those videos of the character with the bent and crooked body on Corellia from 2006.

Since than I followed the development. However, in the early days I did not post much. The culture of the early project days was like that of a school yard.

This project is night and day compared to what it was in the beginning. The boards were like the wild wild west. The hostilities and flames were enough to turn me off from getting into the process. I just patiently waited, every few months I would check in and see how the progress was doing.

I remember the very first stress test, I was pissed that I could not make it because of a prior RL engagement. However, I did not miss many after that.

I remember before the glorious creation of the LPE, having to read pages of computer mumbo-jumbo and having to jump hoops, to actually log onto the server.

I remember Anchorhead, and the rows of trainers, and blue frogs. And a big empty planet with nothing much other than a few dewbacks and squills.

Basically what I am trying to get at, is that I really have no clue about who Megatron is, (save for some google research...I now know, that he was a divisive person, who's actions fractured the community) or any of the old-board drama. I knew it was there, i avoided it like the plague. And I can see the difference. Todays project is much more professional, and actually seems to have a direction.

Good on ya's!!

TC Nova characters
Shilo Trutta Master Doctor
Quequag Master Rifleman, Master Swordsman, Medic 113x

Last edited by shilo; 10-29-2009 at 11:01 PM.