View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 03:14 PM

SWGEmu will most definitely succeed. The driving difference between the open source project of SWGEmu and the development of an upcoming MMO release is that SWGEmu team is driven by passion while companies developing MMOs are driven by paychecks. SWGEmu will come to fruition no matter how long it takes because there will always be hardcore pre-cu diehards like you and I who will be willing to make sacrifices(or even learn programming/ways to contribute) in order to see this happen. Pre-CU SWG was a major part of my early teenage hood and is one of those nostalgias of growing up that I want to experience it again. I'm turning 21 this year, and realizing how long ago I played SWG (from launch til a couple months after NGE), and also realizing how long I've been following SWGEmu reassure me of this fact. The community is still as active and as vocal as ever and there will always be a sect of us around.

Long live the EMU PROJECT!
"There is nothing to be feared from a body, Harry, any more than there is anything to be feared from the darkness. Lord Voldemort, who of course secretly fears both, disagrees. But once again he reveals his own lack of wisdom. It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more." - Dumbledore