View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 11:12 AM

I don't believe it has too much to do with the computer running the game on, I'm useing a Dell I bought in 2001 and rubber banding like crazy. I have no idea what the stats on the computer are anymore, I did buy it as a gameing computer back then and it was the best one in the barracks at 1st Radio Batallion at the time but I can't play alot of games on it that have come out in the past 2 or 3 years. I've upgraded the RAM from 250meg to 1 gig recently and put in a slightly newer video card but it's not seeming to effect any other games like KOTOR 1 and 2.

I am wondering though if terrain negotiation has any effect on the distance check as my character seemd to rubberband more as I progressed up the exploration tree in scout, esecialy in mountionous areas. Now it's to the point where I have to run up to 63 meters of a target, wait 10 seconds, run back to 63 meters from 112, wait a few seconds, and do that again before engageing the target. But I digress, if the server is checking the characters movement in a given amount of time is it also takeing into consideration the terrain negotiation of the character or assumeing that the character is hacked when it's actualy functioning properly?

If your argument begins with the phrase "I don't think" please stop and do so before making it.

SgtMaj(ret) E'Mokho Aewi
Fate 10
Strike Force Justice