View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Not server status, that "thing"

that shows server status. And deadlock is one of the things that causes it to show incorrect server status. Server status and what causes server status changes is one thing, thing that shows server status is a completely different thing.

Because it was not directly related to the OR code or server status but to the "thing" that shows server status. For one it doesn't make sense and doesn't need to make sense because i wasn't talking about them, for other it makes perfect sense because it explains that the "thing" showing the server status can in some cases show incorrect server status, one of them being a deadlock.

No, not really. It simple shows that if you want correct server status you need to go to IRC #status channel and that LPE, those "things" even www. swgemu.org can sometimes be wrong.

Simple enough for you? I can dumb it down more if necessary.
Do you even know what you are saying?

How can that "thing" not update because of a deadlock if deadlocks no longer exist.

Why don't you just say "Server status thing isn't always accurate, use #status in IRC"

By saying that "thing" and swgemu.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada
Those cant detect deadlocks.
is just stupid. Now anytime those don't update you're going to get people saying "OMG DEADLOCK" etc. Which is basically just misinformation.

ProTip: Usually when you give an example to a person, you use a situation that is both relevant and correct.

Also, based on your example, that "thing" not updating because

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada
Those cant detect deadlocks.
implies that when they don't update it is from, you guessed it, a deadlock. So by that reasoning, that "thing" not updating due to a deadlock would be DIRECTLY related to the OR code because, you guessed it, its deadlocked.

Simple enough for you? I can dumb it down more if necessary.